By: Cde. Sirir Gabriel Yiei Rut
April 2, 2015 (SSNA) -- I know many people out there have thought of this initiative and many might know how the Radio Service can really help the SPLA-IO to mobilize and create a rapid awareness to the south Sudanese communities who are there in their villages misinformed by the government of Salva Kiir since the outbreak of the carnage and pogrom against the Nuer ethnicity.
Dear supporters and fans of SPLM/A Resistance movement as a whole, I will like to draw your attention to convince the top leadership for the importance of Radio Service at this particular time where our supporters are really in need of our objectives, visions, missions and the way forward to create the south Sudan we all want.
The movement needs to extend awareness and mobilization to the people out there in their Tukuls through the help of the Radio Service. They need to brainwash them so that they refrain from Juba SSTV that always feed them with uncooked information that based on tribal basis programms.
SPLM/A as a struggling movement that aim at bringing reforms and changes to the nation need all faces to join the movement.
SPLM/A –IO is neither for politicians nor soldiers, but for all the people of South Sudan of which it is the people in the rural areas that are the backbone and the first priority for the Movement. They need to be aware!
I ought the top leadership, military wing, Politicians, Business groups, Youth Leagues, Women Leagues and the entire supporters of the movement to help me in this campaign. My voice alone will not ring.
Our people down in the villages are not aware of the root cause of the conflict especially in Greater Equatoria and Greater Bhar el Ghazal, they need awareness and mobilization. And this should be done so easily if there is a Radio wave Service covering the whole country.
The Merits of the Radio Services:
1. Act as the links between the leadership and the people in the remote areas.
2. The Radio must work to create awareness to the people in rural areas that have no access to internet.
3. The Radio service must work to mobilized people to join the movement.
4. The Radio service will also work to preach the root cause of the conflict and change the minds of people who were misinformed by the tyranny government.
5. The Radio can be use by the Spokesmen and women in the leadership to air the names of people who join the movement if there any so that the moral of the army and that of the fans can be high.
6. The Radio should be use by the concern department to inform the supporters of any development if there is any.
7. The Radio can be use to dismiss mere allegations and refutes fake accusations that might cause doubts to the members of SPLM/A
8. The Radio can be use to host opposition cadres to aware the public about the ongoing peace process in Addis Ababa.
9. The Radio service can be use for hot debates and presentation.
10. The Radio can transmit news on daily basis. And many more others.
If you people can reminisced/ recalled those years of our struggle with Sudan, the Army under the command of Dr. John Garang De Mabior Atem made it possible that all people are reached by the radio coverage used to be hosted by the Late. Marum Dut. Why not this time that technology has emerged?
In my own opinion, the establishment and the setting up of the Radio Service for the movement is vital and extremely important in many perfections.
This call need no ignorant just because it comes from minority voice. It should be done at once for the benefit of our movement and it multiplication by multitudes of people who wants change and reforms but do not know our objectives, visions and missions.
I have spoken my words and may gods of the land hear my voice……………….